Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy 10 year Anniversary



It is so hard to believe that Mike and I have been married 10 years now. Time goes by so fast!! I still feel like I am in my early 20's and many people tell me I still look like it also. There are so many memories to list but I will list some of my favs.


  • Not everything can go perfectly on the wedding day right? I forgot Mike's ring in the brides room and so luckily my Dad's ring worked. I remember mouthing to my Mom that I forgot ther ring and then watching as my Dad took his off and passed it around the room to me.


  • Putting faith in Mike and moving to Ohio for Med school where he has interviewed and I had never been in my life. I was scared and nervous but it was where we needed to be and I am so grateful that he listens to the spirit!


  • Being with Mike as we stood by his Mom's bedside as she passed into the next life. I will forever be grateful for the man that she raised and for the family that I married into.


  • I am grateful that Mike works so hard even during the first year of residency when he was not home a lot and he had to put up with a cranky, homesick wife. Lets just say that leaving all of our friends in Ohio was a very hard thing for me.


  • I am grateful for the Father that he is to our 3 kids!!!! He is the fun one and even when he has worked a very long day he always has energy for them.


  • I am grateful for his comapassion, loyalty, honesty, integrity, intelligence, and patience.

I could not have made a better decision than the one I made 10 years ago!!!

I love you Mike, Happy Anniversary.

5 comments:

Mandie said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are the greatest, we miss you tons!

merathon said...

and i'm grateful for the decision i made 10 1/2 years ago to set you guys up! that is a great picture of you two and yes, you do still look young!

Britain said...

Happy Anniversary!!! And congratulations on passing the ten year mark. What sweet sentiments you shared about your husband.

Chelsea said...

Happy anniversary guys! You guys are so cute!!

Kelly(M&M) said...

Congrats on 10 years! I enjoyed reading the glimpse of your decade together. Our 10 year anniversary is on Thursday. It is amazing how quickly time flies.