Sunday, August 10, 2008

ALASKAN Cruise

Back to life, back to reality! Mike and I got back yesterday from our cruise to Alaska. We had a blast. We went for his Dad's 80th b-day, no kids. It was weird to be able to have conversations with family and not be interrupted. 5 of Mike's 6 siblings were able to be there with there spouses, it was great fun!!!! We were told to be prepared for wet weather, we had sun the whole time! It was awesome! It still was not really warm but I will take 65 and sunny over rain anyday!


Mike and I on the 1st formal night.
They made a table especially for our crew! Table for 14Deep Sea fishing with the boysOn deck at the Hubbard Glacier. This was stunning! There were huge chunks of ice in the water, reminded me of TitanicMike and I after sea kayaking, the Mendenhall Glacier is in the distance. It was awesome, in Juneau there are more bald eagles than people! We saw several of them!Sea kayaking
Having lunch on deck in JuneauBeautiful SunsetKetchikan, Alaska before our ziplining adventureZiplining- I discovered that I have a fear of some heights, but I conquered it, I had no choice I had to do the course to get down. It was fun after the initial step off the platform.2nd formal night

Our waiter Ketut from Bali with the yummy Baked Alaska dessertOur Stretch limo awaiting to take us to Buschart Gardens in Victoria, BC. It helped to have our own personal cruise director! (Thanks Paul!)

Now I am trying to recover and get back into life. It was fun to see my kids again, I missed them! They had a great time with my Mom! Thanks to Aunt Katie and Pa who helped for a couple of days also!!!

On my list in the next 6 weeks:

Watch the Olympics ( I love them!!!)

Finish Breaking Dawn ( I do not have enough time in my day to read right now, I am on pg. 200)

Finishing planning for and running Hood to Coast relay Aug 22-23rd-pray that Mike will be able to run! He sprained his ankle plaing b-ball on the cruise!

Get ready for and start school and preschool

Get ready for and start soccer and dance

Endless back to school, preschool, soccer, and dance meetings

Finish training for the Top of Utah marathon Sept. 20th

Run the marathon

Give Mike time to study for his Oral boards in Chicago October 5th

Maybe plan a trip to Minnesota in October

And the most important of all try to be a good Mom and find some time to sleep!

Wish me luck! Updates to come soon.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

You look beautiful (and Mike quite handsome too) on your formal nights. i am so glad you had fun, but really glad you are back. We missed you!!

merathon said...

sounds like SO much fun! and i love your formal wear-- how in the world did you find stuff with SLEEVES??? :)

your next few weeks sound a lot like mine, what with kindergarten, preschool, soccer, dance, getting back into running (hopefully a race in the fall), and lots of olympics!

Emily Christensen said...

Your cruise sounds like so much fun. You sound like you have a crazy few months ahead of you. Good luck getting everything done.