So what do 4 women do when they have no children or hubbies around?
So this past weekend three of my good friends and I flew to Salt Lake for a girls weekend and to run the Top of Utah marathon. We have been training together since my last marathon in April. We had a blast with some pain involved. If you want more marathon details go to http://www.marathonmommies.blogspot.com/ to read my post titled Top of Utah marathon. For those of you who do not want all the details of the race I will spare you.
- They buy People magazine to catch up on all the hollywood gossip while riding on the plane without wiggly children
- They stay up late watching Made of Honor, eventhough they know that they should go to bed
- They go to the Salt Lake temple and enjoy a live session together
- They try and figure out what the whistling noise in the car is, but finally give up and get used to it
- They try and figure out what a good pre-race meal would be and end up at Quiznos
- They get up at 4am to go run 26.2 miles, yes we are crazy!!
- They all finish the race and are still alive to talk about it thanks to Mike who sent me with Zofran (anti-nausea drug)
- They go out to dinner and drink Diet Coke happy to not be drinking water or gatorade!
- They shop, go to a movie at 10pm, and stay up talking and laughing until 2am. Awake for 22hours and ran 26.2 miles. Again we are crazy!!
- Grow to love and appreciate each other even more!
We had an awesome time, I am proud to call these ladies my friends.
My Mom, Dad, sis-in-law and neice were nice enough to drive up to Salt Lake on Sunday and we all went to Music and the Spoken Word with the Mo-Tab choir. It was amazing!!! President Monson was there and spoke a little after the performance. It was a very moving experience and I am sso glas that i drug myself out of bed! It was fun to see some of my family. I feel very blessed to have a life full of great family and friends.
My cup runneth over.